Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Our First Week of School

Our first week of school was G-R-E-A-T but it was so jam packed! Since we are an all kindergarten school (475+ kids!!!!), and our system started school on a Monday, AND kindergarten is such a HUGE transition for many of our kids, we only had kids at school from 7:30-11:30. Even though it was only a half day, we had to pack in as much learning and routine as possible. We got the job done in Mrs. Holcomb's class though! We talked all about our first day feelings after reading "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn. We went on a school tour looking for Chester raccoon in all the important places. We learned all about our behavior at school and how to be a peace maker or peace breaker with "No David!" by David Shannon. We also read "David Goes to School," and "David Gets in Trouble" to really emphasize the do's and don'ts of our behavior at school. Then at the end of the week, we had another visit from Chester raccoon and how to deal with big bad bullies at school. My super sweet kiddos really seemed to learn a lot, so I can tell we are going to have an awesome year. 

I can't even begin to tell y'all how excited I am about this group of kids I have. I can tell they are SO smart and I haven't even done any official assessing yet! They are the 19 most funny, cute, talkative, and SMART kids, and I am already in love with these sweet babies.  We do need to work a good bit on listening skills, but that's the same with every group of kids. Once we get into the full day, everyday routine, I know things will be great. Take a look at their "first day of kindergarten" pictures and see for yourself just how precious they are. Frame was inspired by Pinterest! 



















Chester cutting practice


Chester glue dot practice

3 comments:

Allison Hutchins said...

I love your frame for the 1st day of Kindergarten! I'm sure it makes the kids feel so much more special being able to hold that! :) I'm your newest follower and new to the blog world. Come check out my kinder blog at

storiessparklesandsmiles.blogspot.com

Allison

SC Teacher 28 said...

I love the Chester cutting and glue practice. Where did you find those?

Joni
KinderKids Fun
jegalford3406@gmail.com

Greg said...

My kindergarten team dreams of being in a kindergarten only school!! I would love to hear more about your school! I'm a new follower!

I hope you'll check out my manly kindergarten blog!

Greg
Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

Post a Comment