Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recipe For A Jellyfish!

Hey friends!

I just wanted to say a quick "thank you" to those of you who bought things during that great Teacher Appreciation sale on TPT! I grabbed a few things as well and I am already so excited about next year!

So my final unit for the year is a biggie...ocean! It is my FAVORITE theme because there are so many cool things you can do with your kids. I came up with this super fun jellyfish activity last year when I was  filling someone's maternity leave. I got tons of compliments on it last year, so I thought I would share my "jellyfish recipe" with y'all! It's super easy and the kids always L.O.V.E. it because it actually feels gooey like a jellyfish! 


Ingredients:
Paper plate
streamers (any color)
glitter
SNACK size plastic baggie
dollar store hair gel (this is the only place I can find CLEAR gel)
Bingo Dotters


Instructions:
1. Fold paper plate in half and cut out the circle in the center. Trash this part.
2. Bingo dot on both sides of the paper plate.
3. Put glitter and about 2 Tbsp. gel in baggie. Seal it and squish around to mix.
4. Put baggie inside the paper plate with the zipper at the top. Staple to secure inside the plate.
5. Glue or tape streamers on the bottom for the tentacles.




11 comments:

Lovely Nina said...

SO cute!! Love this idea :)

Nicole said...

Super cute jelyfish!!! LOVE it!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Busy Bees said...

Cute jellyfish. Love the colors!
Robynn
BusyBees

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Very cute!! I love streamers!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Jessica Stanford said...

These would be adorable hanging from a clothesline!!


Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
My TpT Store

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love it!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Alessia Albanese said...

Grreat idea! We are just starting our Under the Sea Unit as well!It's one of my favourites too!

ΡΌ Alessia
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

Anna said...

Thanks ladies!! Y'all are all too sweet! I hung them from my ceiling this morning and it makes the room look so happy.

Barbara said...

That's very cool. Thanks for the great idea.
Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers

BJE Chicago said...

First of all, your site is gorgeous!! Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I just finished a huge packet on all things sea life (under the umbrella topic of aquariums). Hope you check it out. Everything Aquariums MEGA PACK at TpT

Greg said...

Love this idea because it uses GLITTER! Thanks for the great idea!

Greg
Kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

Post a Comment