Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Weather Fun and a Thank You!

What a week...a week full of amazing weather fun that is! I am a super huge science nerd and weather is one of my favorite things. Yes, we talk about weather everyday during calendar, but how much do your kids really know and learn about weather if you don't cover it as a unit? Well, that's exactly what we did this week...we learned all kinds of stuff about weather. We started the week off by reading a weather words book to beef up our weather vocab and we made a super cute weather words umbrella mobile to hang in our classroom. They are so cute hanging from the ceiling! And it makes me feel like spring is coming despite what Phil predicted this week. We also read the book "It Looked Like Spilt Milk," by Charles G. Shaw and we made our own cotton ball clouds. Then a little later in the week we did Kinder by Kim's yellow rainboot kid and tied in a little verb writing activity with that. It was a lot of fun acting out all the things we can do with our yellow rain boots. Take a look at all the cuteness created by my sweet kiddos. OH! Also, make sure you look at this week's centers! They all came from my very own and very first unit that I posted in my tpt store. Your kids would surely love it. I didn't take a picture of each center, so there is much much more that comes in the packet.










Some of the pictures are bad...I was taking them during car time and the lights were off.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you get the little dot stickers like the ones on the blue clouds above?

Anna said...

I get them at our local School Craft store. I think they're called "Poppin' Dots" stickers, so you can probably find them online somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your reply. I have been going crazy looking for those.

Post a Comment