Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Early Valentine's Day And A Thank You!

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Valentine unit,  well at least I HOPE you have, so good news, IT'S HERE!! I finished it earlier this week but I wanted to collaborate with Julie Lee and Jamie Mayas to make sure the things I am making are different from what they're doing so you when you purchase a product from any of our TPT stores you know that they'll all be different (so you might as well buy from everyone hehe). After all, when you spend so many hours working so closely with people it's VERY hard to make sure your ideas are totally different from each other's, cute, and age/ability appropriate for your students, which is the most important thing.

Anyway, the unit includes activities for counting money, odd and even numbers, telling time, tally marks, number order, patterns, blends, phoneme segmentation, a pocket chart story, and emergent reader and lots of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. Hop on over to my store and give it a look! I promise you won't be disappointed!


Now on to the thank-you...THANK YOU to Mrs. Egley for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I get so excited when people think my little ol' blog is worthy of an award. I am working so hard my first year and I am constantly exhausted, but I truly don't mind, I am LOVING and LEARNING so much with my sweet kinder babies and my A-MAZ-ING teacher friends at the lovely BSLK. 



There are a few rules for this award...
1. Thank the person who nominate you with a link back.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself (see below)
3. Tell 15 of your newly discovered blogs and inform them that they've been awarded

Seven Things About Mrs. Holcomb
1. I LOVE GUMMY BEARS! I can eat them by the pounds!
2. Purple, italicized, fonts make me happy (as you can see).
3. My husband and I have a canoe named June (the month we married) that we love to take down the river.
4. I clean and rearrange furniture when I’m stressed.
5. Martha Stewart is my home-making hero.
6. I want to own a bakery and write a cook book sometime during my life
7. War Eagle!

Now, for the 15 newly discovered blogs....I don't have quite 15 BUT I will let you know the others once they are discovered. You may have heard of some of them, but hey, they're new to me...
2. Clutter-Free Classroom Yes, I'm just now discovering this one

That's it for now! Keep an eye out this weekend for a post about this week's kinder adventures in room 12! 




3 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Aww, thank you, Anna!! You made my day!
(new follower...I love finding other bloggy buddies from Alabama!!)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

Anna, I love your Dreamlike Magic blog template :) Your Valentine unit is super cute too! We have some Valentine's Day freebies that you might like to check out on our blog :) Have a happy Sunday :)

Lisa :) (new follower)
Made in the Shade in Second Grade

Anna said...

Thank you Lisa! I will definitely check out your blog!

Post a Comment