Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Week Of Snow...Well, At Least We Learned About It

Hey there bloggy friends!
This week was week one of our theme "snowmen and snow." I love this time of year because there are "snow" many great books to read, projects to do, and things to learn about...especially since we live in Alabama and don't get to see snow too often. We just skimmed the surface of snow this week because, (a) it was a short week, and (b) it was the first week back from our break so we all had to get readjusted and back into the swing of things. 

We talked about what a New Year's resolution is and made our own, built and labeled a snowman, made a snowman glyph, and started 2 other snowman projects that we won't finish until next week. My kinders can't wait to show you their stuff! Yes, they know we have a classroom blog, and their work is always so much better when I say "okay guys, this might make it onto the blog if you do your BEEEEEESSSSTTTT work!" I know they always try their hardest, that's why everything always goes up! Anywhoooo, take a look at all the fun we've been having this week! Most of the centers came from the ones we all know and love, Julie and Jamie. Hopefully, you'll start to see more of my own centers and ideas pop up on here...I must admit it's quite exhausting being a first year teacher.


This is one center of mine. I've decided that we  REALLLLYYYY needed start working on handwriting after Christmas.



This center is from Jamie Chamblee 


The fraction sheet and the center below are both Jamie Chamblee's as well!









I LOVED some of the resolution my kids came up with... this one says "to read a book"

"be the best daughter"

I had several kids say "relax in the summer" haha! I hope I'm not working them too hard!

5 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Your New Year crafts are too cute!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Randi said...

I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower! You look like you've been busy~ the first year is exhausting. If I could have slept at school I would have.

I would love for you to come visit my blog

Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Anna said...

Thanks Jennifer! Randi, you're so sweet! I will definitely hop on over to your blog and take a look!

Anita said...

I am a new follower and fellow Kindergarten teacher! Your activities look great!
Anita
Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

Anna said...

Thank you so much Tell your teacher friends about me! Your blog is so cute!!

Post a Comment