Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa And His Reindeer

We are in school for 3 weeks during December, before we get out for the holidays, so this first week we talked and learned all there is to know about Santa Claus and his reindeer. We had some great centers this week that focused on middle and ending sounds in words to help all of us with stretching/sounding out those CVC words when we read. My kids are doing so great with this! I am going to have a good group of readers on my hands eventually and that makes me so happy because that was honestly one of my biggest fears as a first year teacher...could I really teach a kid to read?? Well now I know that I can. In our math centers we continued with one to one correspondence by counting cookies and reindeer, we did some more with patterns this week, and we even counted backwards on several occasions. They loved that! OH! We also made a Christmas tree with different sized pieces of construction paper. The kiddos had to put them in order from large to small in order for their tree to look right. They did such a good job!

During our theme time we really spent some time talking about Santa and his reindeer. We labeled them both, we TLC'd a Santa...we still need to add the cotton balls...and we made a cute reindeer to hang from our ceiling. All of these pics are in the previous post, except the labeling activities...coming soon (because I forgot :)) Next week we're moving on to Gingerbread! Fun Fun!!





4 comments:

Rachelle said...

your centers are so cute! Did you make them?

Rachelle
http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I did actually make all the centers you see here. I OFTEN get with Julie Lee and Jamie Mayas to make centers. They are genius! If you're not already a follower of their blog you should definitely check them out. You can find a link to their blog on the left of the screen.

Rachelle said...

I follow them :) Jamie has sent me some of her centers. Ya'll are so creative!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE a copy. THANKS!!
iflewthecoop@att.net

Post a Comment