Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I've Done It!

Ok teacher friends, I know we're always trying to figure out a way to get organized and not have so much "junk" filling up our unit tub and filing cabinets. Well, I THINK I've come up with the ultimate unit storage...well at least for me. I know we all have our preferences. Anyway, I came across some cheap 3-ring binders at the start of school, so I stocked up.  I didn't really have a plan for them, but then I realized that I didn't have any storage for all these unit/theme materials that really take a lot of time to make and a lot of space to store. SOOOO, ta da!!...I have it all organized right here in one little 3-ring binder, game pieces and all! I have a list of literature that goes along with the unit in the very front, then I have 5 tab dividers: Theme, Literacy, Math, Extras, and Game Pieces. Behind each tab there is the master copies of any worksheets, the masters to make the game pieces, and anything else that needs to go in there. The "extras" section contains my finished center examples, worksheets left over from the week, and any extra game pieces incase one gets lost or torn up. This may not be your style, but i must say that it works so well for me, and take up so little space in my filing cabinet and NO space from my shelves. :) 


I put a nice little label on the front and side


literature list


I put my theme projects in a gallon size plastic baggie and punched holes in it. Holds all the materials and the original project so you don't have to remake it every year.












I found these AMAZING velcro pockets at Staples. They already have the holes to clip in, and it expands, so it's great for those units that have a ton of game pieces!

1 comments:

Busy Bees said...

I have been buying those same velcro folders from Staples and love them. They are easy storage for our games!!
BusyBees

Post a Comment