Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apples, Apples, and MORE Apples

This week our letter was A, so I just HAD to do an apples theme to go along with this B-E-A-UTIFUL fall weather we've been having. We talked about the life cycle of an apple and painted an apple to store our life cycle cards in. We did an apple investigation (this idea came from Julie Lee) that had lots of apple activities involved with it. Later in the week we labeled the parts of an apple. Being a first year teacher, there are a few things that  I never thought you would have to teach children, but sometime during the week I realized that my kids didn't understand the purpose of a label, even though we had done labeling activities before. So I had to do a quick mini lesson of "label Mrs. Holcomb" with a stack of Post-it notes. They had so much fun. We ended the week with an apple taste test to see which color apple was our favorite, but of course I forgot to take pictures in midst of cutting and eating apples.








Please pardon the clothes. It was Pajama Day at school :)






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Clever ideas for changing your Good Work Board. I need to figure out where I can do a board like that.
Tonia in Redlands,CA

Post a Comment