Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

End of Brown Bear and Rainbow Day

After going through all of the Brown Bear colors, we had one day left in the week to celebrate rainbow day! We had a lot of fun! Every morning for morning work we added another color to our torn paper rainbows, we made "Rainbow Hair" faces to go with the poem...which I lost (more on that in a minute). We did our Brown Bear M&M Sort so we could move on from sorting and classifying to patterning. OH! and the best part of Friday was our rainbow snack that we had. If you didn't know, my little kinders have the opportunity to earn "brownie points"for good behavior as a whole class. So when they get a compliment from another teacher, or they just do something great and wonderful together, they get to add a brownie to their pan. Well is just so happened that they filled up their brownie pan on Thursday, so I told them I would bring a special rainbow snack for rainbow day. My wonderful room mother, who is MY mother, made a rainbow fruit platter with marshmallow clouds and a pot of gold (golden raisins that is) at the end. It was so cute and the kids loved it! Healthy too, so that was another plus.









How could I forget! Right after our morning announcements we watched Chrysanthemum, then she came to visit our class!







I got the M&M Sort idea from Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten blog. If you don't already, you should follow her blog!! Mrs. Lee's Kinder Kids



Okay, so let me explain the poem dilemma. I had the poems IN MY HAND ready to explain the activity. I sat them down somewhere to help a student and then I forgot about them. When I realized we forgot to glue them on, I looked and looked and couldn't, STILL can't find them anywhere. So I reprinted and we glued them on the next day. Some days I feel like I'm going insane! Oh well, we all make silly mistakes.

The poem is super cute:
Rainbow PURPLE, rainbow BLUE
Rainbow GREEN and YELLOW too.
Rainbow ORANGE, rainbow RED
Rainbow colors on my head.
Colors, colors everywhere, 
I like rainbows in my hair!

1 comments:

phương anh nguyễn said...

Your article is very good today I want to tell you that we are currently trading items such as exterior and interior accessories kitchen cabinets (phụ kiện tủ bếp), commonly used in the kitchen as Stainless steel cabinet (tủ kho inox) when you want to own these categories please contact us for a quotation accessories cupboard (báo giá phụ kiện tủ bếp) most precise. In addition, we also provide mosquito nets doors, when you want to install the door Mosquito netting (lắp đặt cửa lưới chống muỗi) you will find the door Hoang Minh mosquito nets so that we provide the kind of self-rolling mosquito screen door (cửa lưới chống muỗi tự cuốn) and if you're wondering whether the door mosquito netting good sort (cửa lưới chống muỗi loại nào tốt) we will give you detailed advice.

Post a Comment