Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Days of Fun


Since we only went to school from 7:30 to 11:00 this week, (which was WoNdErFuL) we didn't really have a set schedule to follow like we will for the rest of the year, though I did try to keep our "routine" similar every day. We did a lot of coloring, but when I asked my kiddos what their favorite part about kindergarten was, they said they loved our math tubs. This week I put these out in the mornings to get their brains going and their hands moving. They really just thought they were playing, but they were actually working on patterning, sorting, shape recognition, and working on their fine motor skills by hooking links together, lacing buttons, and stringing beads. Little do they know that these aren't even my "good" tubs, I have others that are a lot more fun! More to come on that later.






0 comments:

Post a Comment