Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Brown Bears All Around

Okay, so the second week of school has officially begun. For the next 2 weeks our theme activities are based on the story "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" by Eric Carle. I don't know if you know, but when I choose a theme, everything we do revolves around it including all of our centers for literacy and math. Aaaaannnyway, Brown Bear's focus is obviously on colors which is super important to learn in kindergarten. We sing color songs, and dress up for color days, we definitely go all out, and the kiddos love it. For out theme activity for the next 2 weeks, we are making a Brown Bear texture book. The first one we made was our painted brown bear. Of course I forgot to take pictures of the kids in action, but I did get some pictures of the end results. This was the FIRST time we painted and the kids did an AMAZING job! Not one person ended up with paint on their clothes, the floor, or even their hands!! We'll see if that lasts all year...I bet not :) Oh, I also put up my brown bear work display bulletin board in the classroom. Turned out pretty cute I think.




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Brown Bear best work board!!! Great idea!
Tonia in Redlands,CA

Post a Comment